Key Information in Year 3
Teachers: Miss Edwards/Mrs Meadows and Miss Roper
Teaching Assistants/HLTA: Mrs King, Mrs Aldous, Miss Ward and Mrs Cooper
- This term we will be doing a range of fun and exciting active learning, including swimming, ball skills and gymnastics! Please remember a full PE kit, including a change of socks if your child is wearing tights to school! Earring tape can be used to cover earrings that cannot be removed.
- Miss Edwards' class will have indoor PE on a Tuesday with Mrs Meadows. They will start going swimming at the leisure centre in Stowmarket on 26/01/23. Please ensure you have given permission to wear goggles.
- Miss Roper's class will have indoor PE on a Wednesday. They will be going swimming until 19/01/23, and then will have outdoor PE on Thursdays.
- Spellings will be handed out at the beginning of the week. The sticker shows the rule that we are teaching. Please learn your spellings at home. You could do rainbow writing, silly sentences, pyramid writing or even create a poster to explain the spelling rule.
- Please ensure children bring their yellow spelling book back to school. Although we do not do spelling tests anymore, the book is used to share with parents what your child is learning and is a space to practise at home.
- We continually assess spellings through written work and dictated sentences.
- Your child will come home with a new Yellow Log and a reading book. Our assessments will inform us of which book to give to your child so that it is matched to their level of fluency and comprehension.
- We love to see children reading at home as this has a massive impact on their progress and confidence. If any reading is completed, please write a quick note in the Yellow Log to show us which page they are on next or whether they have finished the book.
- Children are responsible for putting a finished reading book in our 'Please Change Me' box in our classrooms. Don't worry, we will give you lots of reminders!