Key Information in Year 3
Teachers: Miss Edwards/Mrs Meadows and Miss Roper
Teaching Assistants/HLTA: Mrs King, Mrs Aldous, Miss Ward and Mrs Cooper
- Both classes will do indoor PE on a Monday. Please remember a full PE kit, including a change of socks if your child is wearing tights to school! Earring tape can be used to cover earrings that cannot be removed.
- Miss Edwards' class will have outdoor PE on a Tuesday.
- Miss Roper's class will start going swimming on Thursday 15th September. Please ensure you have given permission to wear goggles.
- Spellings will be handed out on a Tuesday every week. Each week we do a spelling test on a Monday to assess children's understanding of new spelling rules.
- Please ensure children bring their yellow spelling book back to school with them each week to record their test in.
- It is a great help for children to practise their spellings at home! Thank you for your support with this.
- Your child will come home with a Yellow Log and a reading book. Our assessments will inform us of which book to give to your child so that it is matched to their level of fluency and comprehension.
- We love to see children reading at home as this has a massive impact on their progress and confidence. If any reading is completed, please write a quick note in the Yellow Log to show us which page they are on next or whether they have finished the book.
- Children are responsible for putting a finished reading book in our 'Please Change Me' box in our classrooms. Don't worry, we will give you lots of reminders!