At the beginning of the new academic year, Year 6 pupils apply to undertake the Sports Leadership programme. This programme allows pupils to get a feel for what it is like to lead sports based sessions with their peers. The pupils look at the important role of a Sports Leader, organising their time and space during a session, selecting the appropriate equipment to use and leading physical activities/sports.
In order to be awarded the role of Sports Leader you must:
- Complete an application form detailing why you are the best person for the job and attend the Sports Leadership training programme
- Consistently demonstrate the School Sport Values of Determination, Honesty, Respect, Passion, Teamwork and Self Belief within PE lessons, sports clubs and inside and outside of school.
So do you have what it takes? Take a look at the key responsibilities below.
- Be a positive role model during playtimes and lessons by promoting the SCHOOL SPORT VALUES (Determination, Honesty, Respect, Passion, Teamwork and Self Belief)
- Encourage pupils to participate positively and fairly.
- Assist in running of intra-school tournaments (refereeing, set up and tidy up, looking after your groups/teams etc.)
- Assist in running of Sports Days.
- Assist with sports clubs either before school, at lunchtime or after school.
- Various other sports related jobs throughout the year.
Your Sports Leaders for Academic Year 2023-2024
Albert M, Dylan G, Clayton S, Jessica G, Gracie-Rose G, Ayda F, Tommy A
Phoebe S, Lily P and Lola A