Virtual Quadkids Athletics Competition
Pupils will take part in the Virtual Quadkids Athletics Competition during their PE lessons. Each pupil will complete four events: sprint, endurance run, vortex throw and standing long jump.
- Virtual Quadkids Athletics· Year 3&4 consists of: · 50m, 400m, Vortex Throw, Standing Long Jump
- Year 5&6 consists of: · 75m, 600m, Vortex Throw, Standing Long Jump
- Sprints: Organise participants into heats. They must stay in a lane for the whole race. Time and record how quickly they complete set distance.
- Endurance: Organise participants per heat. They do not need to stay in lane. Time and record how quickly they complete set distance
- Vortex Throw: Either using a run up or standing position, participants use a pull throw technique to throw the howler. Measure and record distance they can throw.
- Standing Long Jump: This is a two footed jump from a standing position. Measure and record distance they can Jump. The number of attempts that any participant has is of your own choosing (as long as results are submitted by deadline). You will need to mark out the distance for the sprint and the 300/400/600m. Use of a trundle wheel will help with accuracy.