The ‘Star Jump' challenge will test your fitness.
The purpose of this challenge is to test your whole round fitness. How many star jumps can you complete in 30 seconds?
You will need:
- A stopwatch or a phone to time you performing the challenge.
- A helper to time you (parent, sibling etc.).
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for the challenge.
- Plenty of empty space around you, remove any obstacles or hazards.
How to attempt the challenge:
- Stand in an empty space.
- Start in a straight position.
- Stand with your hands by your sides and your legs together.
- Jump to a star shape with your legs apart and arms apart (like a star).
- Return back to your starting position.
- This is one star jump.
- Repeat the above action as many times as you can in 30 seconds.
- Can you maintain your technique even when you are tired?
- Can anyone in your household beat you?
- Why not play again and improve your score?
Make this challenge easier by slowing down your star jumps. Pause between each star jump and/or reduce the time to 20 seconds.
Make this challenge harder by touching the floor after every star jump and/or increase the time to 40 seconds.
The clips below show pupils attempting the ‘Star Jump’ challenge in school.
Can you beat them? Good luck!