Year 2 On-going Learning Activities
Please see a list of on-going tasks below which you can complete at home:
- Practise reading using the e-books on ‘Reading Planet Online’. You could read the books on your level and any other books you would like to share. This way you can continue your daily reading!
Website – https://my.risingstars-uk.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
School centre ID - 492407
- Practise your Year 2 Spelling Rules on Spelling Shed – find your log in inside your yellow log
- Read a range of texts at home. You could see how many type of texts you can find...These could include story books, non-fiction texts, instructions for games, maps, recipe books etc.
- Practise spelling the Year 2 Common Exception Words using the word mat below to spell the words correctly. You could use the 'Look, Cover, Say, Write Check' strategy that we use in our spelling lessons in school.
- Practise your joined handwriting using the 'Penpal' joins we use at school. Use the picture below to remind you which letters join and which letters do not. Also be careful to check the height of ascenders (letters that go up) and decenders (letters that go down).
- Practise your times tables – You could use ‘Times tables Rock Stars’ or simply practise your 10x, 5x and 2x tables together at home
- Play different maths games on the online Maths Shed – This will help with your recalling your number facts (Access this through your Spelling Shed log in)