Welcome to Year 4!
In Year 4, our teachers are Miss Simonds, Mrs Rees and Mrs Starling, our TAs are Miss Williams, Mrs Jolly, Mrs Filby and Miss Bensley.
Please scroll down for this term's Home Learning.
Our Spring Term topic is....
We will be learning all about where the world's tropical rainforests are located and finding out about the climate and wildlife. Year 4 will be thinking about how we can help to protect the rainforests and why they are so important all starting with building a classroom rainforest of our own! Keep looking back at our page to keep updated on what we've been learning.
By the end of Year 4 we aim for children to be secure with all their times tables. You could use these websites below to practise these.
You could also use mathletics to practise all other areas of maths!
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural in Year 4
- Our School Council members are still holding meetings every fortnight in classes to raise issues that we would like discussed at the whole School Council meetings.
- Eco-committee members from Year 4 have been busy working with Mrs Biggs and Mr Kenworthy to ensure our school is a eco-friendly as possible.
- The Year 4 Sports Ambassadors encourage us all to take part in exercise each day - sometimes they even help to take warm-ups and cool downs in our PE lessons!
- One Year 4 class will be working with Dance East this term on a community project in Stowmarket and will be dancing with other local community groups.
- At the end of the term, all of Lower Key Stage 2 will be performing their Spring Term show for parents and carers. We are hoping to work with the URC in Stowmarket town centre again this year and perform on their fantastic stage.
- Over the coming weeks, more children will complete their 'Time to Talk' where they share something they are interested in with the rest of their class and a class of the Year 3 children too. Parents and carers are invited to join us when their child is presenting.
- Our topic work this term links well with environmental awareness and will give children the opportunity to explore ways to protect our world.