Welcome to Year 4!
In Year 4, our teachers are Miss Simonds, Mrs Rees and Mrs Starling, our TAs are Miss Williams, Mrs Jolly, Mrs Filby and Miss Bensley.
Please scroll down for this term's Home Learning.
Our topic this Autumn term is 'Anglo Saxons'
We have been enjoying creating our own Anglo Saxon personas, thinking about the different trades and activities which need to happen for village life to run smoothly. We are using this to explore the events of the Anglo Saxon era, making helmets and jewellery using all of our artist and DT skills.
For more information, games and activities visit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/topics/zxsbcdm
By the end of Year 4 we aim for children to be secure with all their times tables. You could use these websites below to practise these.
You could also use mathletics to practise all other areas of maths!
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural in Year 4
- This term in PSHE we have been studying friendships and relationships, exploring ways of reconciling and considering other people's perceptions.
- We voted for our new School Councillors and have fortnightly meetings to talk about any issues that arise.
- Our Eco Committee members help us to care for our environment by organising our recycling and waste management.
- Through our Anglo Saxon topic we have been learning about the development of our cultural heritage and debated the fairness of laws then and now.
- Now we are in year 4 we have the responsibility to look after the new Foundation Stage children, caring for them at lunchtime in their first few weeks and popping over for stories.
- In PE lessons we are carefully improving our hockey skills to be the best we can be. One day you might see us in the Olympics playing against teams from other countries! During our gymnastics lessons we have been working with a partner, thinking about how to keep each other safe and suggesting ways to improve.