Welcome to Year Five!
Our teachers in Year Five are Miss Bufton and Mr Aldred. Our TAs are Mrs Davis, Miss Williams and Mrs Jolly. This term our topic will be "Bury St Edmunds and Beyond". We will be doing lots of interesting learning around this topic, which will include learning about the legend of St Edmund and visiting the Cathedral.
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural in Year 5
- This term in PSHE we will be learning about Fair Trade and in computing, we will be learning about reliable sources and how to cite these in our work.
- Year Five's four Road Safety Officers will continue to help us to increase our awareness and organise assemblies and competitions for us. Watch this space!
- Our School Councillors will continue to represent us at fortnightly meetings to talk about any issues that arise.
- Our Eco Committee members help us to care for our environment by organising our recycling and waste management.
- Three children in each class have volunteered to be Reading Buddies, listening to and reading with younger children.
- Each class has voted for a Sports Ambassador.
- In PE lessons we are carefully improving our Gymnastic and Football skillls to be the best that we can be.
School Council, Eco-Reps and Sports Ambassadors
Junior Road Safety Officers
60 Second Reads
You will find a range of 60 second reads, for children to complete as part of their homework, below this writing. Once you open the document you will find the 60 second read sheet and the answers should you wish to discuss them with your child.
It is crucial, in Year 5, that children are secure with all their times tables. You could use these websites below to practise these.
You could also use mathletics to practise all other areas of maths!