On this page you will find the spelling pattern we are focusing on this week. The words will be shared with you along with a PowerPoint (key slides will be uploaded as pictures for anyone who cannot access PowerPoint), a wordsearch and a handwriting practice sheet with the 10 words for you to have a go at if you wish.
At the bottom of this page are a range of other spelling games and activities we do in class that you might also want to have a go at to practise this week's spellings.
On a Friday, you might be able to ask a grown-up at home to test you on this week's spellings.
Here is the word document telling you what spelling patterns we will be covering this Summer 2 Term if you want to look ahead. There is also one for those of you who have worked with your teacher on 5 key spellings each week.
Spellings handed out on 5th June to be tested on 12th June
This week, our spelling focus is the word family 'sign'.
Here are the spellings you will be tested on.
- Spelling Shed (email your class teacher if you have forgotten your username or password)
- Rainbow writing: write the spelling word in one coloured pencil, then go over the top in another colour and finally a third colour
- Quickwrite: how many times can you write one of the spelling words in a minute? Can you beat your time?
- Look, cover, say, write check
- pyramid writing: see the example below where you add a letter to each new row you start