Foundation Stage On-going Learning Activities
Please see a list of on-going tasks below which you could complete throughout the time our school is closed.
- Practise reading using the e-books on ‘Reading Planet Online’ - via the Rising Stars website. The login is in your yellow reading log or has been sent home via Parentmail. An explanatory letters has also been sent via Parentmail. You could read the books on your level and any other books you would like to share. Remember to use your phonics soundmat alongside your reading. Please note- when you log in to 'Reading Planet' you will find the books far down the page. Keep scrolling past all the files that say 'test' until you come to the icons that show the front cover of the book and its title.
- Practise phonics on the PhonicsPlay website. They have made the site and games free during the school closures. You will just need to log in using:
Username - march20
- Practise your Foundation Stage Spellings on Spelling Shed – find your log in inside your yellow log
- Twinkle is a website full of learning resources and it is currently free. It has a very good EYFS section for Foundation Stage pupils with lots of practical and active tasks. The site is https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer The code to use is UKTWINKLEHELPS. Parents then set up their own passwords.
- Play different maths games on the online Maths Shed – This will help with your recalling your number facts (Access this through your Spelling Shed log in)
- White Rose Maths have created a Home Learning page and are offering a daily briefing for parents. #MathsEveryoneCanAtHome . We use these resources at school and so the maths methods will be familiar to pupils.
- Other useful sites: Ceebies Number Jacks Number Blocks Alpha Blocks https://nrich.maths.org/13371 (Foundation Stage maths)Oxford Owls - ebooks - free at the moment