Year 1 On-going Learning Activities
Please see a list of on-going tasks below which you could complete throughout the time our school is closed.
- Practise reading using the e-books on ‘Reading Planet Online’. You could read the books on your level and any other books you would like to share. Please note- when you log in to 'Reading Planet' you will find the books far down the page. Keep scrolling past all the files that say 'test' until you come to the icons that show the front cover of the book and its title. You will find the log in inside your yellow log.
- Count forwards and backwards and from any given number within 100.
- Practise counting in 2's, 5's and 10's. Jack Hartmann on YouTube has lots of good videos where your child can sing, dance and count.
- Play different maths games on the online Maths Shed – This will help with your recalling your number facts (Access this through your Spelling Shed log in)
- Practice number bonds to 10 and to 20. Topmarks has a good game for this called Hit The Button. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- You will find some handwriting sheet in your home learning packs to have a go at.
- Use the letter formation mat when you are doing any writing or handwriting practice.
Some children will miss the daily routine and structure of attending school each day. We have put together a daily schedule that you may find helpful to follow.