Welcome to Year Five!
Our teachers in Year Five are Miss Bufton and Mr Aldred. Our TAs are Mrs Buckle, Mrs Davis and Mr Ellis. This term our topic will be "Bury St. Edmunds and beyond." We will be looking at local history and geography and comparing Bury St. Edmund's to Paris and Rio de Janeiro. We are hoping to organise a visit to the cathedral in Bury in order to find out more about King Edmund and the stories and legends that surround him.
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural in Year 5
- This term in PSHE we are studying road safety. During half term, there will be a "Bikeability" course available for anyone who wants to improve their cycling skills and road awareness. We are also learning about how to stay safe on the internet.
- Year Five appoint four Road Safety Officers who will help us to increase our awareness and organise assemblies and competitions for us. Watch this space!
- We have voted for our new School Councillors and they will represent us at fortnightly meetings to talk about any issues that arise.
- Our Eco Committee members help us to care for our environment by organising our recycling and waste management.
- Three children in each class have volunteered to be Reading Buddies, listening to and reading with younger children.
- Each class has voted for a Sports Ambassador.
- In PE lessons we are carefully improving our Football and OAA skills to be the best that we can be.
School Council, Eco-Reps and Sports Ambassadors
It is crucial, in Year 5, that children are secure with all their times tables. You could use these websites below to practise these.
You could also use mathletics to practise all other areas of maths!
Choose your level of challenge!